Saturday, October 29, 2005

from the official man u newsletter

"Robert was uncertain and scared to miss the penalty and he made a big mistake and a wrong decision. He was not lacking seriousness or respect - he was lacking confidence."
Arsene Wenger

"Robert's leg went numb, but had he touched the ball, I would have been there to bury the ball."
Thierry Henry. So does Pires go numb when he gets nervous?

"I have never found anyone who had the guts to do it with me. Robert Pires did - but then he missed the ball."
Hey Bobby, what's the French for 'air kick'?

"I will now take the penalties - all the time."
Sense prevails - eventually - for Thierry...

"I will try the routine again - but next time I will push the ball off the penalty spot for someone else."
Then vanishes again.

"You know why they took the second penalty like that? They have so many penalties in a season they had to do something different."
Jose Mourinho, candid as ever, has his say.

"I am happy to hear that he would like me to teach him a few of the things I stand for. I would happily teach him not just about winning and playing well but also about winning respect from people. That is more important than the titles you win. He has time to learn how to win and how to lose. To earn the respect of the whole world is a different story."
Dutch legend Johan Cruyff hits back at Mourinho.

"This Chelsea is better and more solid than the best-ever Real Madrid team. At this moment Mourinho could put out two teams with the perfect guarantee of not losing to any club."
Claude Makelele, before Chelsea's clash with Charlton.

"."
Claude Makelele, after Chelsea's defeat to Charlton.

"I don't know why Beckham got sent off. Maybe it's because he's blonde and pretty - the referee is capable of sending him off for that."
Real Madrid star Garcia has his own suspicions for Becks' latest red card.

No comments: